Updated 22 April 2020
Under COVID-19 Alert Level 3, the following changes will apply in order to help slow the spread of COVID-19 and reduce the transmission risk to our team members collecting waste or operating our facilities in the Far North.
Far North District Council Refuse Transfer Stations
Transfer stations will be open to the general public, with the following safety rules in place:
- Only one person can exit a vehicle
- All people must maintain 2 metre distancing from others
- Waste Management team members cannot assist you
- No cash payments
- Recycling accepted: Glass, paper, cardboard, ewaste, scrap metal, tyres & garden waste
- Recycling not accepted: Plastics, tin and aluminum cans
Locations and opening hours are here: Opononi RTS, Kaikohe RTS, Whangae RTS, White Hills RTS
Community Recycling Centres (CRC’s)
Waste Management Kerikeri: General waste kerbside collection
Please continue to present your bins as you have done in the past. However, understand that your service could be delayed. If your bin is not collected on your scheduled day, please continue to keep it accessible or on the kerbside.
Waste Management Kerikeri: Recycling kerbside collection
- Stopped from Thursday March 26.
Recycling should be rinsed and stored hygienically until advised otherwise.
Visit this website for updates.
Thank you for your patience during this difficult time.