Updated 27 March 2020
Due to COVID-19 Alert Level 4: Eliminate, the following changes will apply in order to help slow the spread of COVID-19 and reduce the transmission risk to our team members collecting waste or operating our facilities in the Far North.
Far North District Council Refuse Transfer Stations
Transfer stations are closed to the general public, with the following exceptions.
Open during normal opening hours for:
- Public who don’t have a kerbside collection service.
- Commercial customers who are an essential service.
- Only one person can exit a vehicle.
- All people must maintain 2 metre distancing from others.
- Wate Management team members cannot assist you.
- No cash payments
- No recycling (including commodities, ewaste, scrap metal, tyres & garden waste).
Locations and opening hours are here: Opononi RTS, Kaikohe RTS, Whangae RTS, White Hills RTS
Community Recycling Centres (CRC’s)
Waste Management Kerikeri: General waste kerbside collection
Continue as normal.
Please continue to present your bins as you have done in the past. However, understand that your service could be delayed. If your bin is not collected on your scheduled day, please continue to keep it accessible or on the kerbside.
Waste Management Kerikeri: Recycling kerbside collection
Stopped from Thursday March 26.
Recycling should be rinsed and stored hygienically until advised otherwise.
Visit this website for updates.
Thank you for your patience during this difficult time.